Gina always makes this in the oven, but you can certainly throw it into a crock pot and slow cook it (low for 1-2 hours). Or, if you want to get really lazy about it, place all the contents in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it (5-10 minutes).
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature Light version: light or fat free cream cheese
- 8 oz Sour Cream Light version: reduced fat or fat free sour cream
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Light version: 2% or fat free cheddar
- ¼ Cup Jarred Bacon Pieces Light Version: 6 slices of turkey bacon, crisped and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar in bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in bacon pieces.
- Transfer to oven safe dish (a shallow one works best, but any will do).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. You can broil for a couple minutes to finish the top nicely.
Serve warm with your choice of crackers, chips, and/or veggies.
Makes enough for approximately 8 guests