- 16-20 oz Steelhead Trout fillet
- 2 Limes washed well
- 4 large cloves Garlic peeled
- 4 tsp Light butter room temp
- Cooking Spray
Directions: Prepping time = 10 minutes, Cooking time = 20-25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Use a sharp knife and cut fish into 4 individual portions.
- Place fillets on baking sheet/shallow pan that has been lined with sprayed foil.
- Lightly spread 1 tsp of butter over each fillet with a butter knife.
- Using a hand grater, shave the outside of the lime directly over fillets so that zest generously covers fish.
- Grate 1 clove of garlic over each fillet (use your butter knife to help get the "scraps" of the grater and evenly spread zest and garlic on fish).
- Cut your limes in half and squeeze juice over fish.
- Cover your pan with a sheet of foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, making sure the thickest part of the fish is cooked through.
- Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings
Pictured with Steamed Broccoli and Rice (I used prepackaged Knorr® Rice Sides Cheddar and Broccoli)
Where to find Steelhead Trout: Our local Costco carries fresh Steelhead trout for $6.99/lb. Some major supermarkets carry it as well as do smaller grocery stores. Check out your seafood department and if they don't have it ask them about it- it's worth the nagging :)