This super easy recipe is based off allrecipes.com and I welcome you to follow my rendition or change it up to your liking. I used corn to make it sweet and a potato because that’s what I had. Peas, Celery, and Carrots could also be a good addition.
- 4 chicken breasts (thawed- if frozen add an additional 2 hours cooking time)
- Poultry Seasoning (you can also use other seasoning mixes like Lowry’s)
- 2 Ears of Fresh Corn (canned corn should work ok)
- 1 Yukon Gold Potato
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 cans 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can 98% Fat Free Cream of Celery Soup
- 8 oz chicken stock
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough (I used Pillsbury Grands!)
Note that 1 hour before serving you will need to add in the dumplings making the total cooking time 6 hours.
- Season chicken generously and place in crockpot.
- Dice onion and potato and add to pot.
- Slice corn off cob and add kernels to pot.
- Pour in the soups and stock
- Sprinkle with pepper and gently mix all ingredients making sure the chicken is covered completely. You can add more stock if needed.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Tear biscuit dough into small pieces (each roll should give you 6-8 dumplings) and place in pot. Push dumplings down as best as you can to cover with liquid. I only used 5 biscuits total and baked the remaining 3 to serve with the meal.
- Cook for 1 additional hour (may need longer time if your dumplings are too doughy).
Makes 4 servings
Still don't have a crockpot? Go get one!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE Hamilton Beach 3 in 1 Slowcooker You can pick this one up for 50 bucks or be really smart about it and use one of the retailer's mailer discounts to save 20%.