- 100 calorie English Muffin
- ¼ cup of Egg Substitute (or a whole egg scrambled)
- Cooking spray
- 1 slice Fat Free American Cheese
- 2 Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Patties*
*to cut down the fat/calories use one sausage patty sliced in half so that you have two thin round pieces to cover more area of the sandwich with
- Toast or warm the English muffin. While bread is toasting do steps 2 & 3.
- Lightly coat a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray and pour in the egg substitute.
- Place the bowl in the microwave a cover it with a paper towel. Place sausage patty on a plate in microwave as well and cook both for 90 seconds.
- Place sausage, egg, and cheese on muffin to create a sandwich (I actually slice the sausage in half so that I have to thinner round pieces to cover more area of the sandwich with).
Voila! You have a fast food style sandwich sans the greasy wrapper. This sandwich is full of flavor and contains the right amount of calories (around 275) to jump start your day. Keep it exciting by using different meats, such as deli ham or turkey bacon. You can also turn it into a morning wrap by substituting a whole wheat tortilla for the muffin!