Easy and unique dinner idea! I’m adjusting the ingredients for a 4 serving portion (I only made 3 this time around). You can also get creative with the filler. I did this recipe with some Mexican flair, but you can change it up to whatever your tastebuds may be craving. Italian perhaps- Ground meat, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, and Mozzarealla/Parmesan?!?
Print Recipe Here
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
-16-20 oz (extra) lean Ground Turkey
-1/2 packet Taco Seasoning
-1 1/2 cups of fresh Diced Tomatoes (2 plum or 1/2 large should do it)
-1-2 cups of shredded reduced fat Mexican Blend Cheese
– light Sour Cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Slice zucchini in half and place on plate fleshside up. Microwave 5 minutes.
3. Brown meat in saute pan (try to break it up into small pieces), drain, add in taco seasoning and mix well.
4. Using a teaspoon, scrape out flesh of 8 zucchini halves to make the inside hollow. Place zucchini boats into ovensafe dish.
5. Stuff boats with meat and top with tomatoes and cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and zucchini is tender.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.
Prep time = 35 minutes start to finish
Servings = 4