I know it’s been like a million months since I posted any recipe but this is 2 Recipes in 1!!!! You can first eat the pork as a dinner and then use the leftovers for the appetizer I created off the cuff yesterday. All of our Easter guests (and me) enjoyed this one a lot!
Mini Cuban Sandwich Appetizer
-2 Cups Pork see below for pork recipe
-1 baguette of any bread ex: Cuban, French
-4 oz of block Swiss or Havarti (my rec is with Jalapeno)
-Sliced Hamburger Pickles
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Slice bread into individual pieces (approx 2 in.).
3. Spread a small amount of mustard on each slice.
4. Place a spoonful of pork onto each slice.
5. Cut cheese into thin slivers and place over pork.
6. Top with one pickle slice.
7. Bake in oven for 10 minutes until bread is slightly toasted and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
-pork tenderloin (approx 3-4 lbs)
-salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
-1 large onion sliced
-1 bottle of mojo
Put it all into the crock pot on low for 8 hours. Discard juice and shred with 2 forks.
For dinner, serve with rice/beans or potatoes