I wasn’t going to post this because I thought, “this is just too easy,” but my mom was the one who strongly suggested it go up on the site. I didn’t want to disobey, especially after watching her finish off a second serving, so here it is. A super simple Chicken Chili, that is just the right thing to gobble up after a long day. This concoction, and other variations of it, is a go to meal in our house! Minimal effort and minimal clean up makes this recipe a winner – take it from me, a mom with a demanding day job who is still determined to get dinner on the table and have enough time leftover to bathe and put my munchkin to sleep before headed to teach at the gym. But enough about my life, go enhance yours with some delicious, nutritious chili 🙂
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (uncooked)
- 4 cans of kidney beans (I recommend 2 light and 2 dark)
- 4 cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles, mild is my preference
- 1 packet of chili or taco seasoning
- ½ Cup of water
Topping ideas: Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Tortilla Chips
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour remaining ingredients on top and stir around a little bit
- Cook on low for 5+ hours (I have cooked this for upwards of 10 hours and it is still great).
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with 2 forks. Add chicken back to soup and stir.
Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy with tortilla chips
Makes 8 dinner portion servings