As we get ready for another season of football to get underway, it’s the perfect time to post a great snack to enjoy on gameday. These Chicken Nuggets are simple to prepare and are a much healthier alternative to the ones you would pick up from a fast food joint or the freezer section at the market. They taste fresh, moist, and have that crunchy coating that everyone loves. In less than 30 minutes, you can have a plate full of these delicious bites that won’t last long! You can get creative with them too like adding a little cayenne pepper to the breading. Sometimes we like to eat them buffalo style with ranch and celery on the side 🙂
- ½ lb Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup of egg substitute (or 2 eggs beaten)
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbs parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- BBQ Sauce or whatever you’d like to dip your nuggets in
- Preheat oven to 400. Foil a baking sheet and coat with spray (or use a SilPat).
- Cut Chicken into nugget sized pieces.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl and mix in parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour egg substitute/egg into a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg, then into breadcrumbs. Make sure to coat all sides.
- Place chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn them over and bake another 10 minutes or until both sides are golden brown.
Enjoy with your bbq sauce or your favorite dipping sauce!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes approx 30 nuggets (4 servings)