Tomorrow, I am heading on a business trip for a couple of days so I wanted to make a dinner for the hubby and me to enjoy (mainly so he has some yummy leftovers to eat while I’m away). Being 7 months pregnant, I am interested in the simple life in the kitchen these days and it doesn’t get much easier than this Baked Pasta Dish. You can make this reduced fat recipe a little more ellaborate if you want to get fancy with the sauce or cheeses, but I promise you it will be delicious with whatever you decide- after all it’s pasta, sauce, and cheese! I’ve made this several times, but this is the version I made tonight…
- One box of pasta (rotini/ziti)
- 16 oz low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 Cup of egg substitute (or 2 eggs)1 Cup of shredded/grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- About 4 cups of Pasta Sauce (store bought is ok or make your own… I often doctor up a store bought sauce by browning sausage and/or lean ground meat and adding it to the sauce)
- 2 Cups Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg substitute, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mix well with a fork.
- Pour pasta, cheese mixture, and sauce into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes 6-8 Servings