It’s getting hot out there, so I figured now is a good time to post a cool Summer friendly dish. This Fiesta Salad is great to serve as a side at home or the perfect item to bring to a cookout, picnic, or other gathering. The ingredients are most likely in your kitchen already and you can always change it up to use what you’ve got around (add in some peppers or tomatoes like I decided to do last minute)! It’s healthy, colorful, and most importantly full of delicious flavor.
Print Recipe Here
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 Side Servings
- 1 Can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Cups of cooked corn kernels (fresh, canned, or frozen/thawed)
- 2 Tbs diced red onion (approx one thick slice diced up)
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ Cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix vinegar, oil, sugar, cumin, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add in black beans, corn, and onion and toss well.
- If you have the time, let if marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Can be served immediately, but the flavor will improve with time.