I’m sure you can tell just by the name how good this dish is (it’s so good, that we forgot to take pictures when it came out of the oven). We actually refer to this recipe as “The Dip” because whenever my best friend, the other Gina, asks what she should make, I typically respond with “the dip.” I never knew the exact contents until I asked her to share it with me so I can pass it along to you. I was surprised to find out that there are only 4 ingredients to this wonderfully, delicious dip. The nice part is that the ingredients called for all have lower fat versions, so you can make as light or as heavy as you want it to be. We have had it as a pre meal appetizer, during many parties, and sometimes just hanging out and love it every time! Thanks Gina for sharing 🙂
Gina always makes this in the oven, but you can certainly throw it into a crock pot and slow cook it (low for 1-2 hours). Or, if you want to get really lazy about it, place all the contents in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it (5-10 minutes).
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature Light version: light or fat free cream cheese
- 8 oz Sour Cream Light version: reduced fat or fat free sour cream
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Light version: 2% or fat free cheddar
- ¼ Cup Jarred Bacon Pieces Light Version: 6 slices of turkey bacon, crisped and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar in bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in bacon pieces.
- Transfer to oven safe dish (a shallow one works best, but any will do).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. You can broil for a couple minutes to finish the top nicely.
Serve warm with your choice of crackers, chips, and/or veggies.
Makes enough for approximately 8 guests