If you haven’t taken a liking to avocados yet, now would be a good time. They are full of vitamins and benefits for your body- Dr. Oz says they help get rid of the belly fat, so I say, bring on the avocados! When made into guacamole, the avocado’s creaminess and light texture are showcased, and the dip can be enjoyed for its refreshing qualities. Whether you eat it with tortilla chips or as a condiment on your favorite dish/sandwich (like we used the leftovers on our turkey burgers last night), this traditional Guacamole will taste delicious!
Guacamole is often made with Haas Avocados, however my husband gets lots of Florida avocados from his coworker (she has a tree), so that’s what I use in mine! You are welcomed to use whatever avocados you have easy access too.
- 2 Avocados (If using Haas you may need an additional 1-2 more since they are smaller)
- 2 Limes
- 2 Plum Tomatoes (or 10 grape tomatoes), diced
- 2 Tbs Red Onion, minced
- 2 Tbs Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Jalepeno (remove seeds), finely chopped- use more or less depending on your heat preference
- Remove skin and pit from avocado (for easy removal, cut avocado in half lengthwise, pop out pit, and scoop avocado out with spoon by sliding it around between the skin and avocado).
- Cut Avocado into large chunks, place in bowl, Mash with fork (I like to keep it a little more chunky than creamy).
- Squeeze the juice of both limes over avocado and add remaining ingredients. Stir until all contents are mixed in well.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 2 Cups
Guacamole makes a great condiment for sandwiches/wraps too! What’s your favorite way to eat Guacamole?