I love Eat Smart’s Broccoli Slaw and almost always have some in the house since it is healthy and versatile. It’s great for topping salads, adding to stir fry, and for making different types of slaw. Good thing I had some on hand because I hadn’t really thought about slaw being a great side to last night’s dinner, thanks mom for the suggestion! In a rut, I searched online for a broccoli slaw recipe and found a great one to base my creation off of. I had to do a bit of improvising due to what I had in stock, but it worked out great! This Broccoli Slaw is creamy, sweet, and guilt-free.
Derived from The Perfect Pantry
This one takes 5-10 minutes
- 1 package of Eat Smart’s Broccoli Slaw
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup nuts roughly chopped (Almonds recommended)
- 1/2 t Poppyseeds (optional).
- 1/4 Cup fat free Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 2 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- a couple dashes of Salt
- a couple dashes of Pepper
- Combine all “Dressing” ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a larger bowl, combine slaw, cranberries, and almonds.
- Pour dressing on slaw mixture and toss well.
- Sprinkle on poppyseeds if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes if you have time.
Next time I may add in some chopped red onion to add some robustness to the sweetness, but it was great as is! Goes great with Shrimp Po’ Boys
Makes 4 Servings