With record heat hitting across the US, it’s a great time to share a super easy recipe to cool off with. Cucumber Salad is a refreshing side that can be enjoyed at home after a day in the sun and it also makes a great a picnic or bbq item. The prep time only takes 10 minutes, making it a quick fix with great results.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 red onion (you will only use a fraction of it)
- 2 Tbs White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- Wash and peel cucumbers. I like to keep a small portion of the skin on, since that’s where the nutrients are and it adds nice color to the dish. The way I do this is to peel one strip, rotate the cucumber leaving a thin line of skin, then peel the next strip. Repeat all the way around.
- Slice the cucumber and onion paper thin using a mandolin (slicer) but if you don’t have one, use a knife. The amount of onion used depends on your preference- you don’t want it to overpower.
- Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a bowl. Stir until sugar is well mixed in then toss with cucumber/onions. If you want to add some more flavor, feel free to add in a dash of salt and pepper at this point.
- Refridgerate covered for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.
Makes 6 side servings.
For more images check out this album.